FORESTDALE, Ala. (WIAT) — Jefferson County deputies are investigating a shooting that injured a 5-year-old boy.
On Saturday Dec. 5, 2020, at 1:21am Jefferson County Sheriff’s Deputies were dispatched to investigate the shooting of a 5-year-old boy in the 1400 block of Cherry Avenue.
When deputies arrived they found paramedics treating the child for a gunshot wound. The incident was called in by the victims brother.
The child was transported to the hospital in what appeared to be a stable condition, the sheriff’s office reports.
Sheriff’s detectives are investigating this incident.
- Police say two people from Gulfport involved in fatal Orange Beach crash
- Central AL Forecast: Mostly gray sky tomorrow; Another cold push Monday
- Here’s how much the ’12 Days of Christmas’ gifts would cost you in 2020
- Moulton man walks out of rehab hospital after long battle with COVID-19
- Only 25 Republicans in Congress acknowledge Biden’s election victory, Washington Post survey finds