BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Police detectives are conducting a homicide investigation after a man was fatally shot Saturday in Birmingham’s Roosevelt neighborhood.
At around 6:20 p.m., officers from Birmingham Police Department’s West Precinct were dispatched to the 5900 block of Ellington Street on reports of a person shot. Officers arrived and found a man in the driver’s seat of a vehicle suffering from a gunshot wound.
Birmingham Fire and Rescue transported him to UAB Hospital, where he died as a result of his injuries.
Information is limited in this investigation. There are no suspects in custody. Updates will be provided as this case develops. Anyone with information is urged to contact the Birmingham Police homicide unit at 205-254-1764 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.
This is Birmingham’s 103rd homicide of 2020, including 13 justifiable death investigations and one non-criminal homicide.
- Man arrested for murder after decapitated, burning body found in abandoned Birmingham building
- Man found shot, fatally wounded in car in Birmingham’s Roosevelt neighborhood
- Shelby Co. Sheriff’s Office searching for missing man
- 1 killed in small plane crash in Etowah County
- CDC advisory committee recommends Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for ages 16 and up