BESSEMER, Ala. (WIAT) — Eight months after Hueytown mother Tiffany Osborne was found dead under a mattress in a Bessemer garbage dump, an arrest has been made in her murder.
Cedric Earl Watts, 36, of Midfield has been charged with killing Osborne, who had gone missing from her home back in February. Watts is currently in the Jefferson County Jail on an unrelated probation violation.
According to Cathy Smitherman, Osborne’s mother, she last saw her daughter Feb. 17 at her home in Hueytown. She said that night, Osborne texted her to say she was going to Midfield to visit her boyfriend. On April 2, Osborne’s body was found at the dump.
Osborne, 31, had three children.
Watts will continue to be held on no bond for the new charge of murder.
- Google’s Year In Search finds people searched ‘why’ more than ever in 2020
- LIVE: FDA advisers consider whether to authorize Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine in US
- South Texas border congressman appointed to leading role for U.S. at NATO
- Walmart preparing to administer COVID-19 vaccine once approved
- Midfield man charged with murdering Hueytown mother found at Bessemer dump in April