BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Representatives from UAB and the Jefferson County Department of Health will host a news conference where they will discuss topics including vaccine distribution plans, hospital operations, increase in local and statewide cases, and more.
Speakers will include:
- Sarah Nafziger, M.D.: Co-chair of UAB’s Emergency Management Committee
- Michael Saag, M.D.: Professor of Medicine in UAB’s Division of Infectious Diseases
- Selwyn Vickers, M.D.: Dean of UAB’s School of Medicine
Watch the full press conference here at 11 a.m.
- ‘It was the worst thing I could see in my life’: Witness recounts crash that killed 5 cyclists
- Alabama businesses that receive CARES Act money exempt from certain taxes due to new proclamation
- Dolly Parton saved the life of a young dancer during filming of Netflix movie
- ‘Best meteor shower of the year’ will peak this weekend
- WATCH LIVE: UAB hold press conference on COVID-19 vaccine