An apartment complex fire in the Christiana area displaced 20 people on Thanksgiving.
The blaze, reported just after 7 a.m., occurred at the Cavalier Country Club Apartments. The Christiana Fire Company arrived at the unit block of Golfview Drive and found smoke pouring from an apartment on the second floor of the three-story building.
A deputy state Fire Marshal determined the fire started inside a second-floor apartment when a burning candle ignited clothing and other household items inside a hallway walk-in closet. The flames were confined to the apartment, but smoke made its way throughout the building.
Fire damage was estimated at $100,000. There were no reported injuries. Six units were damaged, and 20 people, including four children, were displaced. Tenants have sought shelter with relatives. No injuries were listed.