The Justicar is a starter class in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. He acts as a squad leader of sorts for the Grey Knights, with offensive, defensive, and support capabilities to help your team. Here’s our Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters Justicar class guide to help you with the best skills and loadouts for this unit.
Note: We’ll have a Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters guides and features hub soon, so stay tuned.
Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters Justicar class guide
To be clear, there are some overlaps among the classes in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters. As such, we won’t discuss every single perk in the skill tree. Instead, we’ll simply talk about the core abilities and ideal picks for the Justicar.
- Justicar class – +1 armor with Aegis Shield ability.
- Preferred talent roll 1: Great Destiny – +2 max HP, +1 max WP, and +1 damage for all melee attacks; cannot gain Resilience.
- Preferred talent roll 2: Aegis Adept – +2 armor on Aegis Shield use.
- Terminator Armor – Can equip Terminator Armor.
- Upgrade: Psybolt Damage – +1 Psybolt damage.
- Health – +4 max HP.
- Willpower – +2 max WP.
- Hammerhand Discipline
- Hammerhand – Strike an adjacent target to deal 4 damage (100% crit).
- Aegis Shield Discipline
- Aegis Shield – Activate to gain +3 armor for one turn.
- Upgrade: Armor – This ability gains +1 armor.
- Warp Charge – Activate to give this ability +3 armor.
- Fortress – Target a teammate at any range to transfer all your armor.
- Leadership Discipline
- Honor the Chapter (requires Health unlocked) – Choose a teammate at any range to give them +1 AP.
- Upgrade: AP – Target gains +1 AP.
- Warp Charge – Activate to give the target +2 AP and +1 WP.
- Equipment Slot – This unit gains an extra Wargear slot for passive equipment.
Preferred loadout and battlefield role
- Weapons – Storm Bolter + Warding Stave (to proc Aegis Shield more often).
- Armor – Terminator Armor.
- Wargear – You can pick anything here, though a Frag Grenade is often handy.
With the above setup, your Justicar class in Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters should be fairly beefy (Terminator Armor and Aegis Shield). These are necessary since you’ll be in the thick of the fray when you use Hammerhand. The ability itself causes a guaranteed critical hit, making it easier to extract Seeds from opponents. Lastly, the Leadership Discipline (where you’ll get Honor the Chapter and related skills) allows you to provide additional action points (AP) to teammates. With it, your squad will often be on the move, fighting aggressively to chain kills and executions.
Warhammer 40K: Chaos Gate – Daemonhunters is available via Steam.