LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — Today marks the six-month anniversary of the December 10, 2020 tragedy where five local cyclists lost their lives.
The Southern Nevada Bicycle Coalition (SNVBC), Clark County Commissioner Justin Jones, and family members of crash victims are hosting an event on Friday, June 11 at 4 p.m. to discuss the impact this tragic event had on the community, along with efforts to improve road safety.
This event will be livestreamed on the 8NewsNow Facebook page, and website below:
The five local cyclists who lost their lives were:
- Aksoy Ahmet, 48
- Michael Murray, 57
- Gerrard Nieva, 41
- Erin Ray, 39
- Tom Trauger, 57
Advocacy work to improve communication with victim’s families following a tragedy will also be discussed.
- Commissioner Justin Jones
- Rob Hutchinson, President, Southern Nevada Bicycle Coalition
- Donna Trauger, wife of Tom Trauger, advocate for improved safety and communication with families in the aftermath of tragedies
- Angela Ahmet, wife of Aksoy Ahmet, advocate for improved safety and communication with families in the aftermath of tragedies
- Pat Treichel, Founder, Ghost Bikes Las Vegas