Last November, we Noted that there were few phrases scarier in English than “donald trump launched his third bid for the White House,” except maybe “…and Marjorie Taylor Greene is his running mate. Unfortunately for humanity, that first waking nightmare did indeed happen – and if the Georgian MP has anything to say about it, the second is not far behind.
BNC News reports Greene is “seeking to be Donald Trump’s running mate in 2024,” according to two people familiar with the matter who spoke to the GOP representative about her plans for the future. “She’s not a shrinking violet, she’s ambitious — she’s not shy about it, and she shouldn’t be,” the former Trump adviser and convicted criminal steve bannon says the outlet. “She sees herself on Trump’s VP shortlist. Paraphrase [the late political reporter] Cokie Roberts, when MTG looks in the mirror, she sees a potential president smiling back. (Earlier this month, the Daily Beast reported that Greene was indeed on Trump’s shortlist, along with Rep. Elise Stefanik, Governor of South Dakota Kristi Noem, failed gubernatorial candidate Lake Kari, and the Democratic presidential candidate became a Fox News contributor Tulsi Gabbard.) Another person told the reporter Jonathan Allen that “Greene’s whole vision is to be vice president,” adding that they believe she should be among the candidates the ex-president is considering.
The same sources told NBC News that Greene’s vision explains her “recent efforts to rebrand herself as a politician capable of overcoming the rift between the party’s hardliners and its wing of the establishment,” and ” threw herself in to help elect Rep. Kevin McCarthyas Speaker of the House. “She’s both strategic and disciplined – she made a powerful move, knowing it would come up against her most fiery crew,” Bannon told Allen, referring to Greene. break up with his Freedom Caucus buddies, whose opposition to McCarthy led the California legislator to lose the president’s vote 14 times before his ultimate victory. “She was willing to take the intense heat/short-term hate for the long-term goal of being a player.”
Sure, Greene can attempt to rebrand herself all she wants, but the fact remains that it will be difficult for voters to forget what they already know about her, whose weak points include that ‘she :
- believes there is some ‘truth’ in the conspiracy theories propagated by QAnon, which claims the Democrats are part of a satanic cabal of cannibals operating a global sex trafficking ring that conspired against Trump while he was in office ;
- Do not believe evolving;
- Suggested school shootings like Parkland and Sandy Hook were false flag and/or staged, and that Nancy Pelosi and hillary clinton wanted to school shootings were happening so they could pass gun control legislation;
- Claims that a Broward County, Fla., deputy sheriff was paid to keep quiet about the Parkland shootings being an inside job;
- Harassed David Hog, a survivor of the shooting of Marjory Stoneman Douglas, shouting at her in the street that he was a “coward” who used children to advance anti-gun initiatives;
- Approved calls for Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, and barack obama be executed;
- insisted there is no evidence that a plane crashed into the Pentagon on 9/11;
- Blame California wildfires on Jewish laser beams;
- Declared that the election of Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib was part of “an Islamic invasion of our government”;
- Introduced a bill that would criminalize transgender medical care;
- Spoke at an event hosted by a well-known white nationalist;
- Vote against cancer patients;
- Voted against a resolution granting the Congressional Gold Medal to law enforcement officers who defended January 6;
- Thought the Clintons had JFK Jr. killed because he was Hillary’s contender for the Senate.
And it’s just, like, a sample.