Try to move forward. Prince Harryhis memoirs, Sparecaused a lot of drama, but the royal expert Jonathan Sacerdoti don’t think the palace will go so far as to strip him of his titles.
“I feel like it’s not something they want to do,” the British journalist said exclusively We Weekly of the royal family on Monday, January 23. “I think they’re trying to calm things down, not trying to throw more grenades – [they’re] do not try to provoke more than they are provoked.
When the Duke of Sussex, 38, and Meghan Markle stepped down as working royals in 2020, the late Queen Elizabeth II allowed them to retain their titles, although they were no longer permitted to use the “Royal Highness” style. The day after Sparehowever, some observers have wondered if Harry’s father, King Charles IIIwill take action.
“Trying to have their titles removed by the king might be seen as an aggressive move, or at least Harry and Meghan could dress it up that way,” Sacerdoti said. We, claiming that such an action would only cause more drama. “I think maybe they’re trying to save us all that misery too. It’s not necessarily on their agenda. They want to continue doing the work of the royal family and try to avoid that.
Before Spare released on January 10, Harry sat down for an interview with AndersonCooper, who asked him bluntly why he and Meghan, 41, hadn’t given up their titles. “And what difference would it make?” the founder of Invictus Games replied.
Although Sacerdoti doesn’t think a title deletion is likely, an insider said We earlier this month that the option is on the table. “The way to fight back would be to approve a measure by which Harry and Meghan would be stripped of their titles, and that’s a very real possibility – certainly if the toxicity doesn’t eventually subside,” the source explained. “But there is also a strong belief that the best way to revenge or deny the Sussexes is to continue to ignore them and not fuel their drama and relentless pursuit of attention.”
While Harry has given several additional interviews about his book, the Royal Family has yet to publicly respond to any of his claims. days later Sparethe exit, Prince William declined to comment when asked if he had read the memoirs Again. When a Sky News reporter repeated the question, the Prince of Wales, 40, again did not answer, instead walking towards a waiting vehicle with Princess Kate.
Earlier this month, Harry claimed that he cut many stories about his brother from the first draft of Spare, which was originally 800 pages. “It could have been two pounds, in other words,” says BetterUp’s CIO The Telegraph January 13. “And there were other tracks that I shared with [ghostwriter] J.R. [Moehringer]that I said, “Look, I’m telling you this for context, but there’s absolutely no way I’m putting it in there.”
With reporting by Christina Garibaldi